Purpose of the Position
To provide a variety of secretarial/administrative work in support of project/programme activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Officer In Charge, and the overall guidance of the Operations Officer,the incumbent is a team member in the administrative unit. Work is assigned by the supervisor who gives instructions on non-routine matters. Routine tasks are performed independently with some discretion in non-routine matters related to office procedures only. Established procedural and office guidelines are available, but where guidelines are incomplete, limited interpretation may be required to select a course of action on approach to work
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Receive, screen and process correspondence and requests, and follow upon implementation of all administrative actions, ensuring adherence to deadlines and timely response to correspondence and queries.
- Type, ensuring correctness of language as well as format, and in accordance with WHO Style Guide, correspondence, reports, documents, and presentations upon written/verbal instructions, and independently compose correspondence of purely routine administrative nature.
- Make necessary arrangements regarding duty travel of staff in the unit, submit travel requests (TRs) in the Global Management System (GSM), arrange for flight and hotel reservations, and deal with other related matters.
- Type documents and presentations for preparation of meetings, workshops, training courses, etc., send invitation letters to participants, photocopy documents and prepare files; follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements. Provide secretarial support during meetings.
- Screen and receive visitors and telephone calls, make appointments, answer queries of and/or redirect visitors and callers. Update and maintain records and reference files.
- Submit different administrative transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services, and follow up with concerned parties for the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
- Replace other assistants within the department, as required.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with national and international staff.
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures, and WHO Style Guide as applicable to the secretarial level an asset.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.
A University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.Experience:
At least three years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
Relevant experience in the UN system
Very good knowledge of English & the local language is required, knowledge of the French language is an asset.
- Very Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Oracle applications is an asset.
How to Apply
Your application should be sent to the below address indicating the position applied in the subject by close of business Saturday 31 July 2021. It should include a cover letter & detailed CV (as one document) with your contact details.sent by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org