Overview of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
Responsible for the day to day liaison & community engagement / communications for the program in each sphere of responsibility & reporting directly to the Project Manager.
The Community Liaison Officer shall perform, inter alia, the following duties & responsibilities:
- Facilitate the smooth liaison between our clients contractors, their staff, local residents, by maintaining regular contact & networking with primarily communities (located within reasonable proximity to construction sites) & other key stakeholders (local govt., BRA PIU team).
- On the instruction from the Project Manager & Deputy Project Manager, relay instructions & messages to the contractor in a prompt manner.
- Set up & organize meetings for our client with key stakeholders & or with any other agencies or person if so requested, including organizing meeting spaces.
- Maintain detailed & accurate record of meetings including agendas, meeting minutes, follow up / action points. Details of meeting held or cancelled should also be maintained.
- Deliver documents to all the interested parties & similarly receive documents from both external & internal parties,
- Ensure that follow up of document approvals by concerned authority is done timely, consistently & keep Deputy Project Manager updated as required.
- Ensure that communities at construction sites are kept abreast of the project developments & communication channels remain open with the communities.
- Respond to community concerns by ensuring that they are brought to the attention of our client & the Deputy PM / PM & facilitate the process of resolving the issue.
- Assist our client in the identification of potential implementation problems & bottlenecks with regard to both community & local govt. relationships.
- Report to the Deputy Project Manager on a daily & weekly basis on community issues & the project’s performance in relation to those issues.
- Keep up with the weekly & daily developments of the project.
- Mediate issues between the community members & the project / contractor’s staff.
- Forward questions about the project from community leaders & residents to appropriate govt. authorities.
- Communicate community concerns to the Deputy Project Manager & act as a liaison assistant to ensure that our client & other govt. authorities communicate the status of the project to the community & the donor.
- Attend project board & donor meetings in Mogadishu as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- The Community Liaison Admin Officer Trainee will report directly to the Project Manager.
- The role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- 0 to 2 years’ experience in working with Somali national organizations that are contributing to the reconstruction & development in Somalia is a minimum requirement.
- Experience working with municipalities would be advantageous.
- Project administration experience is a minimum requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Public Administration.
- Strong community liaison, mobilization & negotiation skills required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Fluent in both oral & written Somali & English.
- Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment.
- Strong communications skills & ability to work with a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Good negotiation skills & the ability to bring consensus amongst people.
- Effective report & writing skills essential.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision & direction.
- Capable of working with others in a participatory & capacity building manner.
- Ability to establish & maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, govt. officials, community representatives & contractors.
- Self-motivated, versatile & adaptable to different cultures & people.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize work schedules.
Other relevant information:
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: