Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer and the overall supervision of the WR Somalia, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Organize the travel of staff and non-staff: review travel requests, obtain price quotations, travel itineraries from travel agents, hotel bookings, arrange security clearance, and raise travel requests in GSM.
- Verify travel claims against authorized itinerary, with regard to actual routing and duration of stay. Recommend solutions in case of discrepancies.
- Support missions of official visitors; make necessary arrangements for accommodation, transportation, meet and assist at airport and registration.
- Ensure international staff, official visitors, and consultants are registered as per immigration rules. Prepares and follows up on correspondences with concerned parties specially MOFA, Airport authority, and Immigration department.
- Advises staff on visas and ensures that application forms are completed correctly with accompanying material.
- Makes all necessary arrangements for visas for staff traveling.
- Verify invoices received from travel agents and ensure payments are timely effected. Keep records of all payments made for reconciliation purpose.
- Perform other duties related to the area of work, and replace colleagues as required.
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing Results
- Ensure effective use of resources
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Sound organization skills;
- Stress and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of WHO systems, procedures, and practices.
Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in the field of office administration.
A University degree in business administration, logistics management, or related field is an asset.
At least five years of progressive experience in the administration and/or travel.
Relevant experience in the UN system
Excellent knowledge of English and the local language is required
- Very Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset.