Position # 418865
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health development agendas and emergency/resilience programmes and harmonized with the United Nations country teams. The objective of the Administration and Finance Department (DAF) is to optimize the implementation of WHO's global health mandate through establishment and monitoring of effective and responsible management, administration and supportive policies, systems and services and to promote a collaborative working environment and ensure prompt financial, programme implementation and monitoring and efficient distribution of resources in support of WHO's leadership role in international health. Administrative support services operated in a resource effective and efficient manner.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Act as travel and protocol focal point; brief and guide staff, non-staff and visitors on WHO travel policy and rules related to travel class, entitlements and protocol matters, as well as General Management System (GSM) travel module.
2. Organize the travel of WRO staff and non-staff: review travel requests, obtain price quotations and travel itineraries from travel agent, hotel bookings, arrange security clearance and raise travel requests in GSM.
3. Advise staff on visa and vaccination requirements; ensure that application forms are correctly completed, attaching necessary supporting documents and liaise with embassies timely issuance of entry visas.
4. Verify travel claims against authorized itinerary, with regard to actual routing and duration of stay. Recommend solutions in case of discrepancies.
5. Support missions of official visitors; make necessary arrangements for accommodation, transportation, meet and assist at airport and registration.
6. Ensure international staff and their families, official visitors and consultants are registered as per the immigration rules. Prepares and follow up on correspondences with concerned parties specially MOFA, Airport authority and Immigration department.
7. Coordinate with UNDP, RO and HQ issuance and timely renewal of UNLP and UN family certificates. Maintain and update related follow up system.
8. Coordinate with EMRO Technical units all logistic arrangements for intercountry meetings held in the country, make necessary hotel reservations, provide required equipment's and other services.
9. Draft correspondence with all counterparts and ensure travel processes are well documented. Update and maintain related files and records.
10. Participate in surveys regarding hotel rates and meeting arrangements, and ensure the deals are regularly updated.
11. Verify invoices received from hotels and travel agent and ensure payments are timely effected. Keep records of all payments made for reconciliation purpose.
12. Assist in verifying overtime for drivers. Achievement Activities Include: System to handle correspondence and file organization in conformance with specific guidelines and work requirements. Follow-up to maintain deadlines and required generation of correspondence. Improvements to the workflow, administrative office procedures and maintenance of office records. Selection of class of travel and related travel entitlements in line with rules and procedures.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset
Essential: At least five years' secretarial/administrative related experience with focus on travel transactions Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices/procedures and routines.- Good filing and organizational skills.- Stress and time management skills.- Knowledge of UN field security operations and policies is an asset.- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors
Teamwork Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences Communication Knowing and managing yourself Producing results
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language. Desirable:
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 15,589 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.