CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
To monitor, facilitate & report on the ground handling activities of the assigned flight & ensure timely provision of services in line with precision time schedule. Pro actively escalate any issues that will impact safe, on time departure to OCC controller. Provide necessary documentation to the airline crew, collect arrival & departure flight documentation for filing purposes. Play an active role during the turn around process. Be the face of the airport with the customer airlines by providing excellent customer service.
- Reports to the OCC Controller at start of shift & receives his assigned radio & tablet device for the shift.
- S / H is responsible for assigned equipment & must hand them back to OCC Controller at the end of the shift.
- Receives his / her allocation & airline specific briefing from the OCC Controller & plans for his flights’ handling & collects all relevant documentation.
- Files ATC flight plans & gets the general declaration stamped at immigration for flights requiring the service.
- Informs key departments of any flight specific handling request & ensures they are ready to provide the services.
- Upon flight arrival, the Turn Around Coordinator arrives at the parking bay 15 minutes before flight arrival & checks that loading team is present, FOD checks are done, Aerobridge Operator is present, arranges for coaches if flight is parked on remote & coordinates coach release with arrivals passenger services team.
- Upon aircraft arrival passes the arrival information to OCC Controller.
- Monitors the turn around process & ensures cabin cleaning, aircraft security screening teams, joining baggage are on track for safe on time departure.
- Collects incoming documents including load sheet, pax, cargo manifest & GD for filing in OCC.
- Records all handling services & activities on the PDA or flight dispatch sheet if PDA unavailable.
- Coordinates with passengers’ services for final passenger figures, boarding clearance & ensures VIP passengers are boarded.
- During boarding checks the boarding passes of passengers to ensure correct flight number & date.
- Coordinates the delivery of load sheet to the crew & receives the boarding over advice form the boarding gate staff.
- Gives the clearance to close the cargo holds & cabin doors.
- Takes the departure time of the flight & passes this to OCC Controller for AODB update.
- The Turn Around Coordinator raises reports for aircraft, baggage, cargo damage & informs airline, OCC & documents the damage by taking pictures for further processing.
Key performance indicators:
- Provision of ATA / ATD to OCC within 10 minutes of ATA / ATD.
- Accountable delay.
- Error free operation.
Project reporting: This role reports to the supervisor.
- Candidates applying must relevant aviation experience.
- Relevant to the role.
- Fluent in English & Somali.
Team management: This role has not team management responsibility.
Further information: To be discussed.