Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the WASH Mobilizer position in Lasanod, Somaliland.
The ACTED's WASH Mobilizer will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp. The WASH Mobilizer will provide support in mapping out committees at site level, creating or reinforcing camp management committees and the training and capacity building exercises targeting camp committees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement WASH activities as requested by WASH Officer, Project Manager and Technical Coordinator such as but not limited to:
- Support in carrying out site level camp committee mapping for all sites
- Support in creating TOR for camp management committee and ensuring that this is agreed upon by all relevant stakeholders
- Provide support in strengthening of camp management committees so that the appointment of committee members is done in a transparent and fair way that encourages individuals from marginalized backgrounds to participate
- Assist in carrying out assessments and surveys within the sites
- Assist in the creation of camp management committee training material
- Assist in carrying out capacity building exercises for camp management committees
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Spearheading outreach campaigns in the camp and ensuring that information is being properly conveyed and circulated to the camp community
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and human manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Protection Mainstreaming: promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s FSL/WASH Officer.
- Secondary level education, technical trainings is considered an advantage
- Experience in community level program implementation
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant NGO experience at the national level is required
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel to project areas at short notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish working relations with target communities and project team.