WASH Officer (Hydrogeologist/ hydrologist)( Open to Somali National only)
The WASH Officer (Geologist/Hydrogeologist) will lead geophysical survey activities, prepare borehole Drilling BoQs, Designs and geological surveying and supervise drilling process. This incumbent will be responsible for subsurface water investigation and researches and will supervise, advise and report drilling activates, he/she will analyse samples and report samples interpretation during the drilling
Advise IRS about the potentiality of the drilling sites, present geological features and land formation of different geological zones and regions and applicable drilling equipment’s to each sites, he/she shall ensure that success drilling rate is high**
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Participate surveying underground water resources; prepare geologic reports and maps; and interpret research data to recommend further actions
- The position holder will lead geophysical assessment for boreholes to accurately define technical problems in the targeted sites and recommend solutions.
- Based on the technical assessment findings, the WASH Officer will develop technical drawings and BOQs for Borehole drilling
- Analyze and interpret geological, geochemical, and geophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, boreholes and produce understandable reports by ordinary person to facilitate decision making
- WASH Officer Will conduct technical supervisions of works, to ensure that the contractor strictly follows the BOQs and drawings and instruct drilling contractors for borehole drillings technicalities including the type of the drilling equipment’s to be used and borehole yield and water quality
- Submit progress reports and measure work completed in order to recommend payment releases to the contractors.
- In support with the area coordinator, he/she will organize water management trainings for water committees and O&M training for the operators
- Under supervision of the area coordinator, he/she will handover completed WASH projects to the communities through government relevant authorities.
- He/She will be expected to oversee any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Creativity and Initiative.
- Leadership and Negotiation.
- Performance Management.
- Performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
Master’s degree in geoscience related field, including Hydrogeology, geology, geohydrology or similar skills and knowledge demonstrably acquired.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5 years of progressively responsible involving in Borehole drillings, underground water investigations and geological activities with Bachelor degree in geoscience related field
- At least 3 years’ field experience in borehole drilling supervision Plus Master’s degree in geohydrology, geology or hydrogeology.
- Proven experience with surface and subsurface water management and specially in underground water investigation, supervision of drilling and soil and water sample analyses
- Proven technical expertise in the area of borehole drilling including survey, implementation, technical design, monitoring and coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of working procedures in large organizations. Ability to write clear, well-argued technical assessment and project reports.
- Capacity to contribute water related project proposals
- English and Somali language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good writing and reporting skills.
Additional job responsibilities
- Any other assignment directed by the line supervise.
- Equal Opportunities
How to Apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV , cover letter, Academic Qualifications and copy of your passports with 3 referees from your previous/or current employer to the email
With subject line as application for the position of - WASH Officer Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.